Friday, June 23, 2006

Travelocity and Expedia hate communists

So I am not in the mood to do much work today. And on these sorts of days I like to research pretend holidays. Today I thought I’d pretend to go to Cuba.

My favourite sites to use for this sort of thing are either Expedia or Travelocity, mainly because they search a bunch of different airlines and hotels.

So I started off with Travelocity and like a good Canadian I went to the dot ca site instead of the dot com.

Here’s what I got returned to me from my search:




So then I tried Expedia. Again on the dot ca site. Here’s what I got:



From what I last heard, Canadians were free to travel to Cuba.


I’m so glad that both Expedia and Travelocity so generously made the call for me as to whether or not I can go to Cuba — despite the fact that Canadians are free to travel co Cuba and I was on their Canadian sites. This will make it much easier to never ever use their Web sites to book another flight or hotel from them.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's true... they haven't offered Cuba as a destination ever. Trust me, I've tried. Instead I use sites like belairtravel.com. Sure the search results aren't as robust but at least they don't tell you where you can't go.