Sunday, July 16, 2006

Hot time in the city

So I’ve just had one of the most relaxing weekends I’ve had in eons. It’s weekends like these that really remind me that:

  • Taking time out to really unwind is ever so necessary
  • Toronto really is a kick-ass place to live

Saturday

I got up and had a two-hour conversation with my good friends Gina and Hilda in London. Then I made myself a fantastic breakfast of toast, poached eggs and bacon. I ate in front of the television while watching my latest obsession, The Hills.

Then I took a nap before going out to get a manicure and pedicure at Jade Nails with my friend Khavita. I got my nails did and they are fierce and painted in a colour called The Thrill of Brazil. Nothing like having cute Vietnamese ladies going at your feet with a cheese grater to get rid of all those nasty calluses.

Chris and I then headed over for some Korean barbecue on Queen where we ate our faces off. Try the ox tongue next time. You won’t regret it. We capped off our date with a stop off at Ben and Jerry’s.


Sunday

I slept in until 10AM and hauled ass to Rol San for some dim sum with my friend Denise. We then wandered into Kensington Market in search of a patio and some booze. As luck would have it, we ran into my friend Andrew and his friend Mike, who joined us in our quest. After being denied twice, (booze before 1PM is hard to find in Kensington) we settled into a patio and ordered up beer and sangria.

After taking our leave of Andrew and Mike, Denise and I wandered around picking up groceries for the week and soaking up the sun. After braving the crowds of Chinatown (in 30 degree plus weather, it’s no small feat) we called it an afternoon.

I’m home now getting ready to put a roast in the oven and I’m completely satisfied with my weekend.

I am sooo looking forward to the rest of the summer!

No comments: