Friday, June 24, 2005

I'm Back!

So it’s been a while…

Basically, I have been on a mad hunt to find a place to live. My lovely roommate of the past four years is finally getting married to one of my old high school buddies. This of course is a fantastic and joyous occasion!

Nevertheless, finding a place to live has been ROUGH. I am a complete disaster when it comes to finding myself a place to live and have not always made the best decisions.

The first place I lived when I got to Toronto looked like a youth hostel and my superintendent kept offering me hot oil massages. My current place has been a success mainly because I had nothing to do with finding it.

Originally I was slated to move out in July. My new roommate and I found a wonderful place to live, only to discover that our potential new landlady was a tad on the crazy neurotic side. She called me five times to ask questions that ranged from how often my boyfriend would be over to whether or not I smoked pot. (3-4 times a week and on occasion)

After looking at a plethora of dumps, I had a mini-breakdown and we decided to hold off on the moving for another month. At this point, we started getting our shit together in a big way.

Did you know that you could use a realtor when you’re looking to rent? My friend hooked me up with a fantastic realtor (Danielle Thompson if you’re curious) and she basically found us the perfect spot. She also did pretty much everything for us, including negotiate the price of our rent. To make things better, we didn’t have to pay a cent!

So to make a long short, I finally have a place to live!

Here is the front:



Here is the fireplace:



Here is the kitchen:



Now I can get back to my life.

Carry on.

3 comments:

GL said...

The place looks cool LU! Love the chess board kitchen floor... :)

Till your next post
Mr. Lobo

dalia said...

noice. love the black and white retro kitchen... like the one my ex used to have. congrats to you!

Unknown said...

Its been 8 months since my husband returned back to me all thanks to Dr. OKO for his help. My husband left me for his boss at the office, she tricked him with what I don’t know that one day my husband came home to say he will be traveling for a seminal with his boss and that was the last day he came home. For one year I have been battling with my marriage, my husband don’t want to see me or our child non send money. Until I read about Dr. Oko’s great work online, so I contacted him for an advice and after my encounter with oko, behold my husband came home begging for forgiveness. I forgave him and we moved on but the most surprising thing was that my husband said his boss threatened to sack him if he stop seeing her but everything turn out to be promotion, just as Dr. OKO said it was going to be in the end. I came in here to share it just in case there’s anyone who is going through such or heartbreaks OKO will help you out. Contacts: okotemple@live.com (+2347084878384)