Sunday, April 23, 2006

A Day in the GTA

I moved to Toronto six years ago and have lived downtown the entire time. Excursions north of Eglinton are far and few between for me, so when I get the opportunity to explore the GTA, I go all out. Chris had his parents’ shaggin’ wagon for the weekend, so we met up at Downsview station and decided to make a day of it.

The first thing I always do when I’m in the ‘burbs is get my eyebrows and upper lip threaded. I used to get it done all the time downtown, but when I first got both done for five dollars in Mississauga, I just couldn’t bring myself to pay $18 to get my brows alone threaded. For a fiver and a loonie tip, my eyebrows are shaped up and I no longer have peach fuzz on my upper lip.

Next, we headed down to Pacific Mall, where I finally bought a pair of glasses! I shopped downtown for months and because I wanted titanium and pretty frames, I couldn’t get a quote for under $1100. The ones I got are green and $600 tax in. They are pretty fancy.


Chris and I also had lunch at the Pacific Mall food court, which was extremely tasty. For $18, we got a whackload of shrimp fried rice, curry beef brisket and some deep fried soya chicken. It was better than King Noodle (sorry Scott).

Now that we were stuffed and my wallet was a little lighter. We hauled ass to Yorkdale, which is like a nightclub on Saturdays. Chris picked up two pairs of jeans at Club Monaco for $112. This completes his little denim renovation project. No more carpenter jeans from the Gap! My baby is super fan-cay.

The only iffy part of the day was our meal at Vinnie Zucchini's Italian Eatery, an all you can eat Italian resto. I’m pretty sure the salad bar was a food poisoning incident waiting to happen. Nevertheless, the poached salmon and eggplant parmesan were sublime. The risotto and polenta were pretty tasty. I won’t mention the other bits as I think I’m still expelling some of it today.

Overall it was a very successful day. We were so exhausted by the end of it that we just couldn’t drag our asses over to Neutral for a friend’s birthday.

Although I'm not quite sold on the 'burbs just yet, it was a lovely little day.

2 comments:

GL said...

Puma sale in the burbs and you won't be there!!!!

Scott Bradley said...

there is no way that rat infested shithole at the pacific mall food court is better than king's noodle