Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Yay Blue Jays!

Chris and I got some free tickets to the Blue Jays’ Twonie Tuesday night last night. They were playing the hated New York Yankees, so of course the place was packed.

I’ve watched a few Blue Jays games already and have had some good seats in the past. The past two times I’ve been, however, I’ve done the nosebleeds and I must say — once you go nosebleeds, it’s hard to go back.

Blue Jays games are waaaaaay better with the rowdy drunks in the nosebleeds. Twonie Tuesday in particular brings out a fantastic crowd.

Highlights from last night include:

  • The most obnoxious dude in the world calling after the poor beer seller by yelling out “Hey Beer Guy” in a pseudo-Boston accent. Repeatedly.
  • People just sitting wherever they wanted to. Ticketmaster be damned.
  • These two New York Yankees fans trying to start a fight with about six big Blue Jays fans. The Yankees were losing already and made a huge error that led to a run for the Blue Jays. Those guys shut their mouths real fast, only to be kicked out be security anyway.
  • Barely legal hoochies, dressed in full Yankee regalia from their local Big It Up store. They started flirting with some loud drunk frat boys who yelled out, “Show Us Your Tits!” Instead of flipping them the bird and throwing their drinks at the guys, they giggled flirtatiously. Nice. Feminists everywhere should be proud.
I loved loved loved it. I encourage you all to get some nosebleed seats to a Blue Jays game before the summer is out.

2 comments:

LOTC said...

I think I speak for everyone when I say: "Show us your tits!"

GL said...

Ok There! LP you've been served... lol