Sunday, January 29, 2006

My irrational hate on Mike Bibby

I was a huge basketball fan before the 1994 labour dispute. I’d cancel plans just to watch games and would tape them if I absolutely could not be around to watch them. You can imagine how excited I was when the Grizzlies came to Vancouver.

Mike Bibby was drafted by the Vancouver Grizzlies in 1998, a year before Steve Francis came to town. Although he was in no way as bad as Francis (aka “Fuckface”), I still didn’t like him. Sure he showed up and played well, but in my mind, he didn’t want to be there and was just being polite. Kinda like that guy who sticks it out on a blind date even though he thinks the girl is an uggo.

As much as I hate Steve Francis (and believe me I hate that guy), I seem to feel some rage for Mike Bibby. That bastard always had one foot out the door. He just didn’t have the balls to do it the way that Francis did.

Tonight, we went to see the Raptors vs. Sacramento. Mike Bibby lit it up to the tune of 42 points. I was there booing him every step of the way and it felt good. It felt right. It made an exciting game even more exciting.

So even though my reasons for hating Mike Bibby are based on my own theories about the guy, that is good enough for me. Sometimes you can't explain your rage. You just feel it. That is the beauty of irrational anger.

GFY Mike Bibby. GFY.

No comments: